Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Wedding

Well, not my wedding, but www.mywedding.com.

This weekend my wife and I will be going to a wedding in Leavenworth and I am looking forward to it. This is one of my wife's friends from work, so I didn't have much back story on the couple. That is not until I went online. Dan and Renea have a web site on mywedding that not only includes the information and directions, but also their story, photos, the wedding party bios and a blog.

Wedding sites, especially those associated with brides magazines have been around for some time. Registries and wedding planners as well. What I particularly liked about this site was the way it allowed the couple to own their wedding story and present the event in a simple, highly personalized fashion.

They provide accommodation information, attraction links, an RSVP function and contact information in a clean elegant format. It feels more like an extension of their event than a web site to me.

No comments:

Second Book of Short Stories Out on Amazon

During the last year I wrote four short read collections called the Three Twisted Tales . Today they are available in aggregate as The Clock...