Thursday, July 5, 2007

First the Visual then the Sound

You can see the lightning strike, count in seconds, and then hear the thunder.

You see the jets streak across the sky over Tacoma's Freedom Fair, then the rumble hits you moments later.

Given we were duel babysitting last night, a delightful one year old named Carter, and two very small dogs from relatives out of town, the intent was to reverse the phenomenon last night. In other words, I would listen to the fireworks boom, screech and rattle the windows last night while trying to get to sleep, and then take a look at them this morning.

I was surprised at how few photos were available of the fireworks over Commencement Bay. I found a few from last year and the year before, with this being a beautiful montage from 2005.

But it was Kevin Freitas who came through for me this 2007 with this great collection of photos, as he did in 2006 as well.

By the way, this is not a new jellyfish from an exhibit at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, just one of his many photos.

Now I just need to play back the audio of dogs yelping and the neighbors disregarding any bans that may be in place and I'm there.

No comments:

Second Book of Short Stories Out on Amazon

During the last year I wrote four short read collections called the Three Twisted Tales . Today they are available in aggregate as The Clock...